Wednesday 30 October 2013

Copyright Infringer!

I've been incredibly busy getting my Christmas cards ready. One of the things I like to do to relax is wander through the internet in the evening. I'll choose any random topic, like a colour or chocolate animals, & see where my searches take me. It's amazing what you can find &, most of the time, I learn or see something new.

A couple of nights ago I searched for one of my book titles, called Mess Monsters. Last time I did this I found some photos of a mural that some children had painted based on another one of my books, this time Snow Bear. It was all very sweet and flattering & it gave me a nice fuzzy feeling.

Unfortunately this recent search wasn't so enjoyable. Someone has decided to sell an e-book version of Mess Monsters (without my or the publisher's permission) & was advertising it on YouTube. Apart from the fact that this is illegal & very cheeky, it was so badly done! I think this has annoyed me almost as much.

He's stretched the pictures from the original square page:


To this - so it fits tablets:


How amazingly lazy is that!

I've emailed him twice - though still haven't received a reply. I wonder why? And I've also reported him to YouTube & asked them to remove the video. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

On a more positive note: my Christmas cards are almost done. I'll be sending them to the printers at the end of the week & putting pictures of them on this web site at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.